Sunday, August 9, 2009

happy birthday, baby girl!

I think my daughter was happy to be home for her birthday. Her dad always left a rose and a blueberry muffin on the kitchen counter for the girls’ birthdays. So, since she was home, he got up early and continued the tradition. We invited Grammie and Granddad (who live next door) to join us for brunch. I layered plate size pancakes instead of a cake and we sang “Happy Birthday.”

D…, her son, and I spent some time yesterday working on her presents. You can see by the look on his face he worked very hard painting her a picture. I do think he really would have had as much fun with just water and no paint.


He said “oh, oh,” and “Oh, man,” a few times while he was spilling water painting. But his mom truly appreciated his efforts. She loved the collage too. I didn’t realize it, but she remembered I had made one for her sisters on their 21st b-days, too.
Now she's out to dinner with her husband, sister, and several friends and her dad and I are watching the grandkids. All in all, it’s been a pretty good day.:)happy birthday, baby girl. love you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan-Thanks for stopping by. Yes, those are monarch. I'm crazy for butterflies. I'm always in the yard checking for eggs and caterpillars. I even had the 2yr old boy across the street keep my cage of 12 caterpillars while I was on vacation.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter! They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...what a great tradition.
    happy birthday to your daughter.
    looks like you had so much fun with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete