Thursday, December 2, 2010

sweet finds

I stopped in at the local thrift store yesterday and
delightedly picked up these FUN
 pink-handled utensils...



and several WONDERFUL books...

 

      including a vintage copy of Dickens'  
 A Christmas Carol 


and a beautiful 1908 copy of a play entitled
Pelleas and Melisande
(originally published in 1894)..


 I'd never heard of it, but golden crowns on the cover
and the beautiful illustrations with pellum pages in between
were just irresistible!


Each page has lovely green designs bordering the text. 

I actually had table settings in mind when I first picked it up,
but I've become intrigued,
 and I simply must read the story first
before I make any decisions about pulling out the pages!

9 comments:

  1. Magical finds....I love the pink handles:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now what a great idea about the table settings, but WAIT! There is a treasure here...do you think you could SCAN the pages and leave the book intact?

    GREAT FINDS and those pink-handled utensils are FUNNNN!

    Enjoy your day at school dearest! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great buys, Susan!! I love Dickens!!! The pink handles are sweet!! Have a magical weekend!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What treasures!!!!! I have pink handle silverware...love it...I got mine for a wedding present so it is almost vintage..but we still use them everyday.

    Hope your December is bright and merry my sweet friend...hugs. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, Ma!!
    We need to go together soon!!!
    Savers or Park Ave??

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those pink handles are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD MORNING PRECIOUS SUSAN! Oh, I wanted to get back to you yesterday, but you know how school goes! And IEP meeting after and then a long trip to St. Paul to pick up my husband just made a long evening. I wanted to tell you that OH YES, whenever we come across a fine vintage page or book filled with lovely pages, WE ALWAYS SCAN! You are able then to make copies of this art and alter it, use it to cut up, and I love to GLITTER these pages. I took an old vintage picture of my grandmother and scanned it. Now, I have many copies of her lovely photo and one of the copies I glittered around her dress, put some vintage tags on the picture and some dresden and then framed it. This picture is in my basement workshop and that is something that I would never do with the original. SO.....SCAN THAT BOOK!

    Peace and blessings, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what fab finds! Loving the utensils- so cute :O)
    B x

    ReplyDelete