Sunday, August 28, 2011

Batten down the hatches...

This is the calm before the storm.
We're getting HEAVY RAIN and the winds are beginning to pick up.   
The power has flickered a couple of times which is a bit unnerving, 
but my kids are all safe at home, I've got LOTS of candles, 
we're dry and safe, so, right now it's a bit exciting!
Hopefully there will be minimal damage here in New England
and it will be a quiet (except for the thunder!) day at home.

*

Have I not commanded you? 
Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, 
for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
                                                                      
Joshua 1:9

I just found out my middle daughter does have to work today.
I covet your prayers for Bethanie's safety.  

*

6 comments:

  1. Oh my friend...I will pray for her!
    Stay safe and I am thinking of you all...what a crazy storm...I think I would be soooo scared.

    It is one hot hot day here today...sun all the way. Hugs and love to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power's out where Beth works so she's home!
    Crystal may have to go in to work at 4 PM.
    Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is on my mind as I watch "Irene" on TV. Sending prayers for everyone. Crystal is now 1st, on the prayer list.

    Please keep us informed!

    Waiting it out in the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe, warm and cozy, Susan, you and your lovely family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan, my prayers go for you and your family.
    Blessings, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great place to look for a carpet Play Bazaar cleaning company recommendation is through family and friends. These people, who you probably already trust, can recommend a company they have used and had success with. Avoid picking a random company from a directory; you may end up with unreliable, inexperienced carpet cleanerSatta King

    ReplyDelete