Thursday, August 26, 2010

whale of a tale...

The
highlight
of our trip
this summer
was a

WHALE WATCH


on a boat, called the

PRIVATEER IV.


We sailed for 2 hours
from Cape Anne in Gloucester, MA
to within sight of Provincetown, and...
we saw
WHALES GALORE!!!


and dolphins too!We saw mama whales with their calves,
and I even got a shot of a breaching whale!

but...

my favorite

is a photo I captured of

"SALT."

SALT is said to be the

most photographed,

most sighted,

and most

loved

HUMPBACK WHALE

in the world!

I

{heart}

Salt!

This is the view as we sailed into the harbor...

... p . e . a . c . e...

6 comments:

  1. SUSAN!!!! YOU ARE BRINGING UP OLD AND FOND MEMORIES for me! And you saw old salt? WOOOOOOOOOO! What a lovely holiday you have had! I love New England forever! Enjoy peace today...school starts for us on Sept. 7. Many blessings to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. W-O-W Susan...how amazing the pics you bring us today!!! Nature is perfect and so joyful!!! The last pic is awesome!!
    Thanks for this morning present for me!!
    Hugs!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed my friend...I have always wanted to do that. What a Joy to see these amazingly breathtaking creatures.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

    So glad to be back after a wonderful time away. I wish you a wonderful time in your classroom today getting ready for all your new students. My first day will be Monday...I am looking forward to it!!
    So much to do!

    Can you believe how fast our Summer has gone??
    Sending you oodles of love my sweet friend.

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this took your breath away, because your photos took mine away.
    First of all each picture is worthy of framing.
    Second, it looks like Salt has been around for awhile. Her fins had scollops!
    Third, (well again) your photos are outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what an amazing adventure. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanna go on another whale watch!! i better bring you, though...you bring good whale-whatching ju ju!! ha ha TWICE you've been told it was the best sightings EVER!!!
    i'm glad you and Dad had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete